?

Log in

Previous 10 | Next 10

Jul. 2nd, 2008


zorya_thinks

Agenda for the July 08 Meeting

The monthly DPA meeting will be held at 7:30 pm on Thursday, July 3rd, at Panera Bread on Brown Street in Dayton. The agenda for the meeting is included below.

DPA Steering Meeting Agenda
July 3, 2008


Old Business

Summer Newsletter for Sinclair Campus Ministry: Review draft newsletter and finalize

PNO in the Park in July: updates on action items from June

By-Laws Development: Continue discussion from June

Non-Profit Status: Review documents required to establish an Ohio non-profit corporation

New Business

Other business as raised at meeting

Jun. 20th, 2008

balance

zorya_thinks

Minutes of the June 08 DPA Steering Meeting

Minutes of the DPA Steering Meeting
June 5, 2008

Location: Panera Bread, Brown Street, Dayton, Ohio

The meeting was called to order at 7:20 pm.

Committee Members in attendance:
Doug Hubbard
Susan Bergeron
Tina Porter
Dawn Rose Amadea
Lucy Jameso

Old Business

1) Summer Newsletter for Sinclair Campus Ministry: Review draft newsletter and finalize.

Lucy is waiting for Litha article from Jim. Susan suggests that we print 30 copies this time to make sure they last the summer sessions. Tina requests that we add notice about campus pagan group trying to form and include their email.

Status: Open

2) PNO in the Park in July: updates on action items from April

The July PNO in the Park was raised for discussion.  The committee talked about using Eastwood Metropark on Harshman Road.  The shelters are first come, first serve.  Tina volunteered to go down early and hold the shelter we want.  Times from 11 am to 3 pm. 

We will need to let Judy know for the PNO announcements.  Tina says she has been notified

We also will need to start advertising on the local lists and Witchvox.  Dawn will do this week
Pagan Bingo with small prizes was suggested for entertainment. Lucy will dig out Bingo and make more sheets. Also will round up all the baskets we make last year that remain.

Hot dogs and buns and condiments and charcoal provided by DPA - Lucy will buy.

Tina needs help getting kids games together

Make poster to take to Campus Ministry on Monday. Ask Kris to drop it by.

Status: Open

3) Sinclair Pagan Club: Update from Susan

Tina advised that they do not have sufficient people to register as a group. They have 5 and need approximately 6 more people. Tina says that they have been getting contacts by interested students. pagancommunitygroup@hotmail.com is a contact point. Tina suggests that they plan for a meeting in the second or third week of the next quarter. They have support from two more faculty members in the Religious Studies section. As an aside, some Muslim students have been inspired to work on starting their own group.

The group is on hiatus until the fall but will work on keeping interest up over the summer. Lucy says that when they get to the point she can work up a website for the group.

Status: Closed. Will revisit in September

New Business

1) Pagans Night Out: Discuss themes for Aug - Dec

Dawn suggested the following themes based on the directional Elements:

August: Fire Elemental Fire Foods Recipe Exchange. Parade of Gods
September: Earth Elemental Back to School. Kids activities and board games Parade of Goddesses
October: Spirit Samhain. Dumb Supper. Costume party.
November: Air Elemental Community Outreach Thanksgiving recipe exchange Dream Catchers.
December: Water Elemental Yule. World Holidays. Festival of Lights.

Discussion opened about moving PNO. All agreed that the current location is getting tedious. There is no real attraction for new people.

New location would perhaps generate new interest. The suggestion was raised to the Panera Bread on Brown Street.

Pros: Attract new crowd. Accommodate people outside core area. Walking distance from UD and not far from Sinclair and the Oregon District. More bus route service. Healthier food. Bigger community room. Reliable scheduling. Can request the room with doors.

Cons: Getting the word out would be tenuous. Parking is difficult, though there is a big parking lot. Food is more expensive. Less child friendly. Can’t control the sound level.

Discussion continued with thoughts of providing questionnaires at PNO and/or a poll on the da_pagans list and on the DPA list.

Vote with unanimous agreement. We will move location as of 2009

Status: Open

2) By-Laws Development: Review draft copy of by-laws

Sample bylaws were reviewed and commented on. Bylaws will be further discussed at the next meeting.

Status: Open

3) Non-Profit Status: Review documents required to establish an Ohio non-profit corporation

Slow WiFi connection made it difficult to view pdfs online. The topic was tabled to July meeting.

Status: Open

4) Other business as raised at meeting

Tina went to Pagan Meetup (hosted by Rose) Rose has problem with PNO because of scheduling issues. May be willing to work with DPA. We need to announce it at PNO as a family friendly event. Transparency and compromise would be quite a good idea. Info item

Bank account: Chase is charging a $10 service fee on our account. Need to find out what other account we can use that does not have a service fee. May want to look at another back option. Info item.

Meeting adjourned at 8:55 pm

Jun. 4th, 2008


zorya_thinks

Agenda for the June 08 Meeting

The monthly DPA meeting will be held at 7:30 pm on Thursday, June 5th, at Panera Bread on Brown Street in Dayton. The agenda for the meeting is included below.

DPA Steering Meeting Agenda
June 5, 2008


Old Business

Summer Newsletter for Sinclair Campus Ministry: Review draft newsletter and finalize

PNO in the Park in July: updates on action items from April

Milestones: Discuss membership drive proposed for June PNO

Sinclair Pagan Club: Update from Susan


New Business

Pagans Night Out: Discuss themes for Aug - Dec

By-Laws Development: Review draft copy of by-laws

Non-Profit Status: Review documents required to establish an Ohio non-profit corporation

Other business as raised at meeting

Apr. 15th, 2008


zorya_thinks

Minutes of the April 08 Meeting

Minutes of the Steering Committee Meeting
April 3, 2008
Location: Panera Bread, Brown Street, Dayton, Ohio

The meeting was called to order at 7:30 pm.

Committee Members in attendance:
Doug Hubbard
Susan Bergeron
Tina Porter
Dawn Rose Amadea
Lucy Jameson

Visitors:
Dawn’s mother, Ann R.

Old Business

Newsletter for Sinclair Campus Ministry: Review final newsletter

Copies of the Spring newsletter were passed around for review. All agreed with the contents with minor proofreading changes. Lucy will provide a total of 10 copies and put the pdf on the website for download.

Recommended actions: Begin working on Summer issue in May. In the next issue we want to include the Asatru Nine Noble Virtues and the Sixfold Path.

Status: Closed

Special Events : PNO in the Park in July; Pagan Q&A at college - updates

The July PNO in the Park was raised for discussion. The committee talked about using Eastwood Metropark on Harshman Road. The shelters are first come, first serve. Tina volunteered to go down early and hold the shelter we want. Times from 11 am to 3 pm. We will need to let Judy know for the PNO announcements. We also will need to start advertising on the local lists and Witchvox. Pagan Bingo with small prizes was suggested for entertainment.

Recommended actions: Dawn will do Witchvox. Remind people it will be potluck. DPA will provide hot dogs, buns and condiments. Lucy will bring 5 gal Igloo and DPA will provide juice and ice.

Status: Open

Pagan Q and A: Tina talked to Campus Ministry. They are not a campus provided group so they can’t host it. The Pagan group can do it or we can rent out space in Bldg 12.

Recommended actions: Wait until campus group is up and running and then readdress it.

Status: Closed

Milestone Development: Roundtable discussion/idea sharing

Presentation by Ann R. She gave us handouts on obtaining grants and explained some of the steps we would need to go thorough. She recommended that we start establishing a formal membership as part of becoming a state and federal recognized non profit organization. Creating our bylaws and getting our non profit status with the state of Ohio are important next steps.

Recommended Actions: Set up a membership drive in conjunction with either the June or August PNO. Until then, work out the details of what will constitute membership, fees as necessary and benefits of membership.

Status: Open

Sinclair Pagan Club: Update from Susan

Susan briefed that the posters announcing the organizational meeting have been approved. They should be up by Monday, April 7th . We have a provisional constitution, We have a total of 6 students willing to participate and need 6 more (Tina will be graduating, Doug is Staff advisor) Organizational meetings will be on Apr 14th at 1 pm and 6 pm. Campus Ministry has copy of poster.

Status: Open


New Business

April Pagans Night Out: Magickal Alphabets. Who is handling this theme?

Doug is handling runes. Tina has a nice reference for Theban alphabet. Dawn won’t be able to make it but she can send some info on Hebrew alphabet to Doug to pass out. Lucy probably won’t be there.

Other business as raised at meeting

1. Dawn raised the topic of approaching CUUPS about doing a psychic faire. With the current unsettle situation with CUUPS we all agreed to push the idea back to 2009 and see what happens with CUUPS when the dust settles.

2. Camping trip: Lucy is organizing a camping trip for the first weekend of May. We will be staying at John Bryant Park from Friday afternoon, May 2nd until Sunday afternoon, May 4th. Details and updates will be posted on the DPA yahoogroup.

Tina advised that Campus Ministry will host an Interfaith Dialog open to students, faculity and staff. at Sinclair. It’s free and they feed you. The date is Apr 14, 2008 4pm to 7 pm.

Due to the camping trip we will not have a May meeting.

The meeting adjourned at 8:55 pm.

Apr. 1st, 2008


zorya_thinks

Agenda for April 08 Meeting

The monthly DPA meeting will be held at 7:30 pm on Thursday, April 3rd, at Panera Bread on Brown Street in Dayton. The agenda for the meeting is included below.

DPA Steering Meeting Agenda
April 3, 2008


Old Business

Newsletter for Sinclair Campus Ministry: Review final newsletter

Special Events : PNO in the Park in July; Pagan Q&A at college - updates

Milestone Development: Roundtable discussion/idea sharing

Sinclair Pagan Club: Update from Susan


New Business

April Pagans Night Out: Magickal Alphabets. Who is handling this theme?

Other business as raised at meeting

Mar. 11th, 2008

FSM

athenawindsong

March PNO celebrates Anti-St. Pat's Day!

 Wanna tell St. Patrick where to put his snake(s)?  Save the green for the 17th and give St. Patrick the bird (double birds are twice as fun) with a PURPLE PNO!!! 

You know where: Page Manor Donato's Pizza
You know when: Thursday, March 13th, 7pm
You know how: Wear or bring something purple or snakey (no live snakes please)
You know why: Cuz us Snakes gotta stick together!

Raffle!  There will be a Raffle!  I repeat...  RAFFLE!!!!!!  The Dayton Pagan Alliance Raffles have become legendary (in our own minds) lately so you never know what we are offering.

The Blizzard of '08 is melting away and you know this is the perfect remedy for Cabin Fever while you wait for Ostara.  Wear your Pagan Purple with Pride and show St. Pat he was just a flash in the pan.


zorya_thinks

Minutes of the March 08 Meeting

Minutes of the Steering Committee Meeting
March, 2008
Location:  Panera Bread, Brown Street, Dayton, Ohio

The meeting was called to order at 7:45 pm

Committee Members in attendence:
Dawn Rose Amadea
Susan Bergeron
Tina Porter
Jim Poltrone
Lucy Jameson
Doug Hubbard

Old Business

Newsletter for Sinclair Campus Ministry:  

Lucy reminded the committee that March 10th was the due date for submissions.

So far we have an article by Lucy (“What is a Witch?”) and Tina (“Magickal Cooking”). Doug is nearly finished with an article on Odin and will have it to Lucy by the due date. Jim will submit Phases of the Moon for 2008 information. Susan’s computer is broken and she has not been able to work on her Wheel of the Year article.

Recommended action:  Lucy will have a newsletter ready by March 15th. Continue to develop a slush pile of articles so there is no panic when publication date comes around.  Solicit articles from various people in the local community.  Give Campus Ministry 10 hard copy newsletters and advise them that the newsletter will be on the website in a pdf format if they want to print extra copies

Status:  Open.

Pagan Pride Day 08:   

DAPN announced February 15th that they will host PPDDayton. The committee agreed that in light of this DPA would not pursue hosting MVPPD.



Recommended actions:  Tina recommended that we wait until they announce requests for assistance/volunteers etc. And/or wait until DAPN approaches DPA for something specific. Otherwise DPA will observe the developing event.

Status:  Closed


Special Events other than PPD08: 

Several ideas were considered.

1) Summit idea between group leaders and solitaries. Lucy was not sure that community is at the point where they are ready to consider it. The committee decided put this aside for a later date.

2) Pagans in the Park for July PNO. We need to pick a park and reserve a shelter. Lucy suggested a shelter near a play area. Event time was set for 11am until 3pm. If we use Eastwood Metropark, someone will need to show up early (around 9 to 10 am) to get the right shelter. Start announcing via flyer in April. Suggested event: Pagan Bingo. Call for drummers for drum circle. Offer children’s crafts.

3) Q & A on Paganism at one of the local bookstores (Books and Co) Good idea, lets jell it a bit. Probably good for a fall event.

4)Announce availability to Sinclair Interfaith Dialog for discussion/presentation/Q&A on Paganism. Send letter to organizing ministers at community colleges with offer to assist. Lucy will write and send letter.


Status:  Open

Milestone Development:  

Jim briefed the following milestones for 2008: Bylaws written, state recognition as a non-profit, annual fund raising (Dawn suggestion - Magical Mini Mall), quarterly pagan summit meeting, and to be determined down payment on community center.

Bylaws and state recognition as a non-profit are considered the most critical

Status: Open


Sinclair Pagan Club:

Susan briefed the status of this project. Finding pagans to participate has been rather piecemeal. Susan advised that 6 people have been identified or have indicated interest, but they need at least 10 people for Sinclair to approve as an official campus group. Tina suggested putting up contact posters with a date and time of an organizational meeting to gin up interest. Lucy will make flyer.


Status:  Open
New Business


March Pagans Night Out:  

Dawn said that St Paddy day coming the theme would be an Anti- Paddy day. Wear purple or bring something. Bring CD player and some pagan celtic music. Lucy will go to party store and get handful of fake snakes for tables.

Tina says community center discussion should be set up for a future PNO, probably when we have a firmer idea of what we can do vis a vis a building, grant funding, etc.

Status: Closed

Psychic Faire:  

Dawn proposed this as a bridge building activity with MVUUF. Suggests early fall of 08. Dawn has contacts from last year’s Victory of Light Talk about more in depth in April.

Status: Open

Other New Business:  

Susan - at some point she would like to see what we could do to organize a cat rescue. She is not sure how to manage it, but wants us to think about it. Tina and Dawn wonder if it is in the purview of DPA. Dawn says that you need a whole structure set up to handle something like that, plus the money to keep things going. Dawn called it a business within a business.

All agreed that it would be more than DPA as currently structured can handle. More realistic to find an already established rescue group and support them. We will consider that idea at a later date.

Status: Closed

The meeting closed at 8:59 pm.

Next meeting will be 3 April 08.

Mar. 5th, 2008

autumn, pagan

zorya_thinks

March DPA meeting agenda

The monthly DPA meeting will be held at 7:30 pm on Thursday, March 6th, at Panera Bread on Brown Street in Dayton. The agenda for the meeting is included below.

DPA Steering Meeting Agenda
March 6, 2008


Old Business

Newsletter for Sinclair Campus Ministry:: Check progress on articles

Pagan Pride Day 08:: Final discussion re: DAPN PPD announcement.

Special Events other than PPD08: Discuss possible ideas and venues.

Milestone Development: Roundtable discussion/idea sharing

Sinclair Pagan Club: Update from Susan

New Business

March Pagans Night Out: What we will do for faux snake theme, discuss having a roundtable discussion on creating a community center

Psychic Faire: Revisit idea. Discussion lead by Dawn

Other business as raised at meeting.

Feb. 16th, 2008


zorya_thinks

Minutes of the Feb 08 Meeting

Minutes of the Steering Committee Meeting
February 7, 2008
Location: Panera Bread, Brown Street, Dayton, Ohio

The meeting was called to order at 7:46 pm

Committee Members in attendence:
Dawn Rose Amadea
Susan Bergeron
Tina Porter
Jim Poltrone
Lucy Jameson
Doug Hubbard

Old Business

Newsletter for Sinclair Campus Ministry:

Lucy presented a template for the proposed newsletter. Template approved.

Lucy talked about the need for articles from a variety of writers. Doug volunteered to do an article about Odin and Susan agreed to do an overview article on the Wheel of the Year.

The steering committee decided that the newsletter would be published quarterly, with the first issue published on 15 March 08. All articles are due to Lucy by 10 March 08.

Recommended action: Develop a slush pile of articles so there is no panic when publication date comes around. Solicit articles from various people in the local community. Give Campus Ministry a copy of the pdf file as well as some hard copies of the newsletter so they can print extras as necessary. Also put the newsletter pdf on the website for download.

Status: Open.

Pagan Pride Day 08:

Lucy advised that Marcy Vonderwell, the current Local Coordinator for Pagan Pride Day was quite willing to see DPA take over the project and would pass along our recommendations for Local Coordinators. She did say that we would have to send our applications to PPD National.

Discussion ensured regarding dates, promotional material, potential venues, fundraising and possible workshops and rituals. Also discussed contacting Pagan Guardian Services for security.


Recommended actions: Lucy will see what is required to apply for Local Coordinator. Continue research on pertinent issues until we receive a response from National on whether DPA can host the event. Tina will look into Eagle Park in Tipp City as a possible venue. Jim will contact Pagan Guardian Services when we know for sure that we have the event. Lucy will work on promotional materials.

Status: Open


Bridge Building with other local pagan groups: (Discussion topic)

Lucy opened the discussion with the thought that while it was a positive concept to build relations with CUUPS, there are many pagan groups in Dayton and the surrounding areas as well.  Discussion of keeping to a policy of equality for all area groups followed.

Recommended actions: We need to gather more information on the local groups, including potential contact persons, and make formal contacts. This was not specifically tasked to anyone.

Status: Open

Special Events other than PPD08:

Due to no action taken since the January meeting, this topic will be moved to the March meeting.

Status: Open

New Business

Sinclair Pagan Club:

Susan has paperwork for potential pagan club at Sinclair and Doug is willing to be the faculty advisor. They will need at least 10 Sinclair students to be interested to be able to form the club. Lucy said that she had designed a flyer last year when her son Kris looked into the idea and that when they were ready she could finalize it and make copies to post


Status: Open


The meeting adjourned at 8:55 pm.

The next meeting will be held on March 6th, 2008.

Feb. 6th, 2008


zorya_thinks

Agenda for February 08 Monthly Meeting

The DPA Steering Meeting will be Feb 7th, 7:30 pm at Panera Bread on Brown Street in Dayton. This is an open meeting.

DPA Steering Meeting Agenda
February 7, 2008


Old Business

Newsletter for Sinclair Campus Ministry: Update on project from Lucy

Pagan Pride Day 08: Update from Lucy

Bridge Building with other local pagan groups: Discussion topic

Special Events other than PPD08: Discussion topic

New Business

As raised at the meeting

Previous 10 | Next 10